As we approach the end of the year, the club is still very active with members taking part in our weekly club runs, winter turbo training sessions, Cyclo-Cross races and even the odd Audax. It’s good to see the Strava mileage counter ticking up (well done to those who rode 210km this weekend!) and the DPCC website and forum so well used 🙂
Here is a quick summary of club activities taking place in the near future:
Sunday Club Rides – Starting from 09:30 from the Broadway Pub, Didcot
This coming Sunday (10 November) the club ride heads out to the Herb Garden at Sonning Common. In addition to our regular club run, there is also a DPCC Ladies club run, taking a slightly shorter route to the same cafe. Email Ron, Simon, Laura or Clare firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Cyclo-Cross – 8th December
Did you enjoy the Great British Bake Off? Well now is your chance to practice skills honed from the series, because Didcot Phoenix CC are hosting the South of England Regional Cyclocross Championships on Dec 8th and we would like your cake donations to sell on the day 🙂 Although the event is still a month away, please can you let Stan, our Club Secretary, know if you can help with a cake donation? email@example.com
The event is our biggest fundraiser of the season and this year it is being run as a Central and Southern League Championship, an honour for the club! In addition to cake donations, we will require volunteers on the day and in advance of the event, to ensure things run smoothly. If you can help out, please let us know.
- Sunday – 1st Dec – Equipment collection from Milton Keynes Cyclo-Cross
- We would love someone with a van, or trailer to help collect some equipment from the MK race, that we can use the following weekend
- Petrol expenses will be covered
- We would plan to leave about 13:30 and be back in Didcot by 18:30.
- Saturday – 7th – approx 6 people needed to help prepare the course – half a day at Harwell
- Sunday 8th – we require between 10 and 20 people on the day to ensure everything runs smoothly – throughout the day at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Winter Training – every Thursday evening, 7PM at the Brightwell-cum-Sotwell Jubilee Pavilian
We are into our third week now, with decent numbers attending the training sessions so far. If you would like to join us for the hour turbo training session, please come along! It’s a greak workout and certainly easier to turbo when motived by Laura and the rest of the class. Please bring £3 for each session and check the website for Turbo bookings if you haven’t got one to bring along.
See you out on a bike soon!